Incredibly easy to use, the Mustang MRD101 Rescue Stick provides rapid flotation assistance to a person at risk of drowning. Simply remove the baton shaped Rescue Stick from its waterproof bag and throw near the person. Once contact is made with the water it inflates in seconds to a large horseshoe shape keeping them afloat and their head above water until help arrives.
Measuring only 14 in length and weighing 15.5 oz., the Rescue Stick is the most versatile rescue flotation device available. Easily stowed in a boat, vehicle, backpack or by the pool it will be accessible when and where you need it.
The Rescue Stick is an invaluable tool for police officers arriving first on scene to provide emergency flotation when no water rescue gear is available. During a swift water rescue fire departments can throw the Rescue Stick to the victim to keep them afloat while a rescue plan is put into action. Lifeguards can easily throw the Rescue Stick to someone in trouble to keep their head above water until rescued. Recreational boaters can throw the Rescue Stick to a man overboard while maneuvering to get them out of the water.
- Can be thrown accurately 100 feet or further
- Automatically inflates in seconds when immersed in water providing rapid emergency flotation
- Offers 35 lb. of buoyancy – twice the flotation of a typical life jacket
- Easy to repack and reuse – insert a new bobbin and screw in the replacement handle containing the CO2 cylinder
- Stored in a waterproof bag
- Compact and weighs less than 1 lb. – it is easily stowed and is accessible when needed
- Extremely easy to use – anyone who can throw a stick can use it.