Retro wood reel styling with modern “guts”…
The Evolution Series represents the first major innovation in reel design for PEETZ Outdoors in more than a decade!
There are so many wonderful advantages to a wood reel that we made a conscious effort to stay true to the PEETZ classic wood look, sound, and more importantly, feel! However, working closely with a number of professional west coast fisherman, we’ve introduced technical and functional enhancements to boost the performance of the PEETZ classic reel and bring it into the 21st century.
- Entirely new, our unique one-way drag mechanism ensures the evolution series of reels are easier than ever to use and virtually eliminates the “knuckle buster” effect!
- The introduction of precision roller bearings for better than ever drag control and super smooth operation.
- Updated non-slip drag control design that is larger, stronger and yet easier to adjust to your liking.
- New drag control knob that is a nod to the classic PEETZ “wing nut” but offers an updated look and improved feel.
- Newly designed handle assembly that features through-hull versus face mounted knob attachment.
- New solid cherry handles with noticeable ergonomic advantages.
- A lighter reel overall versus the PEETZ classic series.
- New optional free artwork featuring “Stryke”, the PEETZ mascot (he may look a bit angry but we love him anyway and he brings good luck).
- Handcrafted mahogany – sealed and stained with PEETZ custom sealer and two coats of quality marine spar varnish for decades of protection from the elements.
- Hand turned and polished brass components including a beautiful lathe-shaped brass line spool.
- The distinctive sound of the PEETZ clicker (“fish on!”) with on/off button.
- The PEETZ lifetime guarantee.
Caring for Your Evolution Wood Reels
If you care for and maintain your PEETZ reels, there’s a good chance they’ll return the favor with reliable service for decades… and likely your great, great grandchildren will be able to use them when they grow up too!
For saltwater fishing, you should also give your reels a rinse in fresh water after each use to minimize corrosion. You should also wash the reels periodically in a warm soap solution (mild dish soap works well).
PEETZ Products have a Lifetime Guarantee
Since 1925 PEETZ Outdoors Ltd. (“PEETZ”) has stood behind the high quality of its products.
At PEETZ we aim to produce reels and fishing equipment which surpass your expectations and deliver an unprecedented outdoor experience. Through small production runs and a nearly century-long commitment to artisanal craftsmanship, we create products that provide a lifetime of satisfaction.
You can purchase from www.peetzoutdoors.com, in-store, or through an authorized PEETZ dealer with confidence. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will provide a refund or exchange the item within 30 days of purchase.
In addition, for the original purchaser, our PEETZ handcrafted fishing reels, rods and tackle are guaranteed against defects in workmanship for the lifetime of the product under normal operating conditions.
Terms & Conditions
- PEETZ fishing reels purchased online, in-store, or through an authorized PEETZ dealer are covered by our limited lifetime warranty (the “Warranty”). Below are the terms and conditions:
- The Warranty applies to the original owner and is not transferable.
- The Warranty is limited to repair or replacement of the reel only, and does not cover direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or any other type of damage resulting from its use.
- The Warranty does not cover normal wear, misuse, negligence, fire, theft, loss or intentional damage.
- To qualify for warranty service, you must return your reel to our manufacturing facility along with a completed Returned Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) Form, or the warranty claim cannot be processed and the reel will be returned to the you.
- All shipments to us must be freight paid. We reserve the right to determine whether to repair or replace any product covered by under the Warranty. Discontinued products may be replaced with newer models when necessary.