Through extensive testing and refinement the lure beautifully imitates small injured bait fish with an action sought after by both salt and freshwater anglers.
Sylvester's Secret has been used extensively throughout the Pacific Northwest, from Alaska to Oregon. Although developed specifically for salmon, Sylvester's Secret has earned a reputation as a top performing lure for a wide range of predator species, including salmon, cod, trout, bass and pike.
- Handmade by PEETZ in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Re-released in 2016
- 2016 updates:
High quality, hand polished solid brass
Bright nickel plating
Extra-strength #6 split rings
High quality Mustad hooks
Adorned with a heavy duty modern mylars
Prismatic, iridescent, UV and glow colour combinations
- No compromises in quality - these lures are built to last!
Trolling in fresh and salt water:
- Behind an inline flasher:
Suggested tail leader length of 24" to 30"
- Above a dummy flasher attached to the downrigger cannonball:
Attach leader 3' to 6' up the main downrigger line from the flasher
Leader length 6' to 10' beyond the flasher
Can also be trolled without a flasher
- Speed: 2 to 3 mph is suggested for ideal action
- Depth: has proven successful up and down the water column
- Length: 3.4" (87.5mm)
- Maximum Width: .71" (18mm)
- Weight: .4 oz (11g)