Designed by PEETZ founder, Boris Cecil Peetz, in the 1930's, the Hookum trolling spoon is a top performing lure and West Coast icon.
The Hookum features a swivel connector that extends out from one side, rather than from its end like a traditional spoon. This unique design makes the spoon unstable and forces it to favor one side over the other, which produces a behavior somewhere between a spoon and a plug lure.
At 2.5 to 3 knots trolling speed, the Hookum darts left and right erratically, while performing occasional 360 degree spins. This unpredictable action is irresistible to most species of sport fish, such as salmon, cod, trout, bass & pike.
PEETZ is pleased to reintroduce this legendary lure with some exciting updates. Each Hookum #4 trolling spoon is individually pressed and hand polished at PEETZ workshop in Victoria, BC, using top quality, solid brass that is then nickel coated. They are finished using a wide array of heavy duty UV and Glo-rich Mylar colour combinations with eye-popping prismatic, holographic and iridescent patterns.
- Made in Canada
- High quality solid brass, nickel plated for bright, durable finish
- Extra-strength #5 split rings
- High quality 4/0 Mustad 95170SS Siwash Hook (but works well with hook sizes ranging from 2/0 to 6/0 to match your targeted species)
- Modern UV and glow Mylar (prismatic, holographic and iridescent color combinations)
Specifications for Model #4
- Spoon Maximum Width: 0.75" (19mm)
- Spoon Length: 3" (76mm)
- Weight: 0.56oz (16 grams)