- Ultra thin and compact rear case design (3.5" depth)
- Meets ITU-R M493-12 Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling) with Individual, All ship, Position Report, Request and Distress
- Navigation to a DSC Distress Call with compass page
- Navigation (LAT/LON, SOG, and COG) information shown on display
- Submersible JIS-8 1.5M (4.92Ft) for 30 minutes
- Noise canceling microphone with channel UP/DOWN, 16/9 and H/L keys
- NOAA weather channel selection with alert
- Programmable Scan, Priority Scan, and Dual Watch
- GPS repeating of position, SOG, COG and time
- NMEA Input and Output
- Capable of connecting to a Second Station CMP30 Remote Access Microphone
- Overall Dimension: 5.91"(w) x 3.35"(H) x 3.54"(D)
- 3 Year Waterproof Warranty
Mounting a VHF radio has never been easier. The Explorer GX1600 has an ultra thin, compact rear case, only 3.5" in depth or half the depth of comparable VHF radios on the market. The rear case design also gives flexibility when flush mounting the radio in tight areas or bracket mounting the radio by taking up less dash space, and allowing more mounting options.
ITU-R M493-11 Class D Digital Selective Calling
The EXPLORER is an ITU-R M493 Class D class VHF with a separate Channel 70 receiver, which allows DSC calls to be received even when listening to communications.
The DSC DISTRESS function when activated transmits a digital MAYDAY including vessel identification, Latitude / Longitude and time (with GPS connected), to facilitate prompt response. Additional calls that can be made are Individual, Urgency, Safety, Position Report and Send.
Additional features include DSC test call and menu selection for Auto DSC channel switching.